Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Victory Hall Inc. Equity, Diversity and Inclusiveness Policy
Victory Hall Inc. is an organization born from a richly diverse urban community that has continually sought to reach, serve and include our neighbors from all economic levels, backgrounds and origins in both our programming and our personnel. In relationships with our board and committee members as well as artists and supporters, we promote a culture where each person is heard and treated equally and differences are considered.
We celebrate equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. We embrace these pillars of excellence as crucial to healthy people and healthy communities.
We believe that:
• Our core values are strengthened when all members have a voice and are encouraged to contribute.
• Every member of humanity has a contribution to make to the whole. It is our duty to encourage and promote that contribution.
• Equity, diversity, and inclusion are an active process that requires continuous commitment to promote healthy people, healthy communities and the overall success of present and future generations.
Victory Hall Inc.'s external programs and services are focused on embracing the incredibly diverse community that we live in in Jersey City, Bayonne, Hudson County and New York City. Our three major programs all begin with our core values of service, of reaching out to the underserved, being a voice for positive change, and welcoming and making a place for those who come with different ideas and from diverse cultures.
Our goal in our choice of artists and artworks, activities, talks and discussions is to be
• Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness among individuals and groups.
• Actively building a community whose members have diverse cultures, backgrounds, and life experiences.
• Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
• Present artworks that inspire us to live and work effectively as members of a diverse, global society.